Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Streaming video frustration

This is one issue I was hoping would be resolved before I got around to blogging about it, but as of the time of this entry it hasn't.  I am of course talking about the Amazon Video PPAPI issue which has been ongoing for a number of weeks now.  I have been doing a little research and it appears that a large number of people have been seeing the following message whilst trying to stream video from Amazons online video solution:

If you're using the Chrome browser with Linux, you must disable PPAPI to continue using Amazon Instant Video. You can also use a different Web browser, like Firefox. Learn more

This is quite maddening - especially due to my Chromebook experiment - as this is one of my favorite sources of video content and is also why I pay for prime each year.  I can't help but wonder when Google and Amazon are going to fix this.  Neither company has any information about a resolution, but both explain how to turn off Flash which is obviously no good as Flash is required to stream.  Does anyone know of a work around for Chromebooks?

11/8/12 Update:
This appears to have been fixed in the 24hrs since my post as I am currently happily watching one of my Amazon videos... thank you Google and/or Amazon for fixing the issue

No comments:

Post a Comment