Thursday, November 15, 2012

Spotify on Chromebook

Today Spotify announced a private beta of 'Spotify for the browser', this is great news as I currently not able to get to my music using my Chromebook.  There is a link you can hit play.spotify.com to see if you can get access... I tried without success.

For those of us not lucky enough to get on the beta it sounds like we will have to wait till 2013 for the public release.  After hunting around I did however dig up this review on Techcrunch which I expect is the first of many we will see between now and whatever date Spotify finally pick.

If you manage to get access and read this, post me your impressions of the first semi-public release of this much anticipated product.

2 comments:

  1. I am very excited to read your news of the Spotify app. It was a tiny bit of weakness in my daily work experience using the Chromebook.

    I've now found it and downloaded it. It doesn't mention it being in beta; so perhaps it's in general release already?

    Off to explore it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to access it and it works well so far, the layout is somewhat different but it's still really easy to use, I'm very happy with it, especially seeing as I was afraid I wouldn't be able to access my music through my Chromebook.

    ReplyDelete