Sunday, November 25, 2012

Chromebook is so popular I cant find a new model device

So I have been hunting around to see if I can pick up a new model Samsung Chromebook and so far to no avail.  I recently managed to play with one in a local Bestbuy, but that is the nearest I have managed to get to date.

Base on my short 'playtime' I will say that I was impressed with the new Samsung model, especially the new touchpad which it light years better than the one on this device.  The build quality seems to have improved and the machine was definitely lighter and well, just better looking.  From a use perspective - I only got a few minutes to play with it as there was a line forming behind me of other Chromebook hopefuls - I will say that he seemed very responsive and considering the size and complexity of some of the pages I loaded it was a smooth and uneventful experience.

Now that I have played I will just have to be patient and see how long it takes Amazon or similar to get one in stock.  If you have a new Samsung (or Acer for that matter) feel free to respond to this post with your thoughts... especially if you upgraded from a previous Chromebook device.

Oh and I have now been 'Chromebook Only' for 27 days!

2 comments:

  1. I had originally placed an order with Amazon but saw people were getting estimated December dates when they ordered at the end of October. I noticed Best Buy had theirs listed as shipping within a day. I ordered it and had it in hand a few days later. This is my first Chromebook and so far, I'm loving it. I carry it around more than my iPad now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this blog! I see you have not posted since November, but I hope you will get back on eventually. I am about to buy a Chromebook and I completely understand I will still need my HP Windows 7 laptop for things like Microsoft programs, iTunes, etc. But I am so excited to have a machine to jump online (with the wifi around) quickly and do easier tasks. Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete